Geo Ghost

March 2012 RPOTM Entries

15 posts in this topic

Real Photo Of The Month Entries for March 2012

Please check the rules and regulations if you haven't done before or want to check anything. Any questions, please ask.

Do not forget the size limitations.

You have till the end of the month to get entries in. As always, last months winner will not be entered in voting. By all means, share your photo if you want but I cannot enter you ;)

Entries close at midnight, 31st of March.

418531_185381751572970_100003034384627_294536_1358254932_n.jpg

455718 approaches North Sheen with a service to London Waterloo (even though it says Hounslow, although that's probably a lazy driver.)

Edited by TheCatapultTV

Not a 'proper' railway, but nevertheless uses railway principles!

11Bus2027SouthofCambridge.jpg

Southbound guideway bus from Cambridge Station heading towards Addenbrooke's Hospital and Trumpington Park & Ride. Taken 07/03/2012...

I'll let you off with that one Dave :P

Mainly because it's a nice change from just trains. And there's a railway behind it anyway ^_^

Jack likes this

Hi guys.

One week remains to get entries in for this months Photo of the Month.

Now, why am I only seeing two photos here. I know some have an excuse, but not all of you do ;)

Also, please note (and this is important).

Photo of the Month will have significant changes made to it as from next month. The changes differ across each competition so please keep an eye out for a topic regarding the reform at some point next week. The changes are not only a great benefit to people wanting to take part but will also expand the competition further ;)

If I take photos of trains this month, but am unable to upload them until next month, would they be accepted for the comp ? (off to London next week via train from Cornwall).

Stu - Don't worry about that. I'll accept them. I'm reasonably lenient towards exact dates.

Rules will be changing slightly next month and that is one thing that will be changing. More details next week.

Stubby47 likes this

I don't often post in RPOTM but I had a couple of hours to kill in Manchester this morning and took a few photos on Piccadilly station including this one. The Eastern side has always felt different from the rest of the station in my opinion, even since the MSW electrification was converted to standard 25kv after Woodhead closed back in the '80s.

This difference now seems to be down to the 2nd generation DMUs instead of the erstwhile 506 electric sets though as shown with this pair of 142s on New Mills Central and Rose Hill services.

cded729d.jpg

That is actually a pretty nice photo Bob!

I have often pondered why you never appear to post in here too :D

I have often pondered why you never appear to post in here too :D

Because I don't often take pics of real trains. ;)

Hey all.

Thanks for taking part this month in what is the final 'Real' Photo of the Month before it's complete change to Transport Photo of the Month.

All entrants, please use the new few days of voting to consider what your chosen 'theme' for next month will be should you win. Let me know when you have decided - preferably before voting ends so I can set up the next entry topic on the night ;)

Closing up this month with my entry.

Looking out over refurbished Kings Cross from the new footbridge.

DSC_2781.jpg